Deep Cycle sealed Batteries are also known as SLA batteries which first came out in the early 1980’s. Sealed lead acid batteries are utilized for wide variety of applications including vehicular electronics, UPS and computer systems, wheelchairs, scooters, industrial and medical equipment and more. All SLA batteries have three common traits: internal pressure regulation through valve construction, immobilized electrolytes and oxygen recombination.
- Longer running time and life than comparable wet cell batteries.
- No watering needed – totally maintenance-free.
- Spillproof – prevents acid spills and terminal corrosion.
- Safe, convenient operation – gassing and sulfating are virtually eliminated.
- Flexibility – can be installed in any position (upside-down not recommended)
AGM Batteries are the most common type of SLA batteries in the market. In an AGM battery, the electrolyte is immobilized in a porous and absorbent microfiber glass mat. This mat is wrapped around the plates in the battery and facilitates the chemical reaction that creates the energy in the battery. AGM batteries can be designed to offer unique discharge characteristics to meet deep discharge, fast discharge or slow discharge needs.
Battery voltages range from 2, 4, 6 and 12 volt applications. Also ranging from 2 amp hour to 200 amp hour.
We at Battery Power are fully knowledgeable of all these type’s of batteries. The major products we sell are Universal batteries, Power-Sonic, CSB batteries, Enersys, Sail, Werker, Outlast, B&B, Rhino, MK, and Hawker just to name a few.
We also stock batteries for the following:
- Solar, APC
- UPS, Peg Perego
- Hot Wheels & Power Wheels
- Pride Scooters
- Jet 3
- Toys & hobby