Properly caring for and maintaining your golf cart guarantees more quality years of dependable operation. Your golf cart should be treated and cared for just like any other automobile would be. But, taking golf cart repair matters into your own hands in an attempt to perform DIY golf cart repair spells trouble. Here are just a few reasons why any repairs to your golf cart should be left in the hands of a professional:
- At your first appointment, a professional golf cart repair service provider will establish your annual routine maintenance schedule. Remembering to keep up with everything you already have going on in your day to day life is tough enough. With doctors appointments, family obligations, household duties and more, the last thing you want is an unexpected golf cart repair ruining your downtime. Scheduling an annual routine maintenance of your cart means when it comes time for fun, your fun times go smoothly!
- Professional golf cart repair people are equipped with the knowledge to repair your specific cart. Just like cars, golf carts made by different manufacturers come along with differing maintenance and repair requirements. There are differences in repair and maintenance needs for gas-powered carts and electric carts.
- It’s 4 PM. Do you know where your solenoid is? In gas powered carts, this little part is the central component in successfully starting and operating your golf cart. To truly make sure it is properly working and in no danger of leaving you stranded, you’ll need to have it routinely tested with a voltmeter. Golf cart repair professionals will check your solenoid and let you know if it’s okay, or if it needs to be upgraded or replaced.
- Your electronics and cables need regular attention. In an electric cart, the wiring and cables leading to your battery need to be routinely checked for corrosion, dust or dirt build up. They also need to stay clean and tightened for your golf cart to run efficiently.
- How far apart do your spark plugs go? You probably already realize that a vital part of running your gas-powered cart is your spark plugs. They need to stay clean and free of dirt and debris. But, did you also know there are proper spacing requirements that help your cart run most efficiently?
So put down the tools and give Battery Power a call and we can get your golf cart fixed up and in working order once again!